Sign in to follow this  
Guest threedeltamax

Laptop Help?

Guest threedeltamax

Hi Guys, I am on the look-out for a laptop. I have never much followed the laptop scene, and thus don't know what's hot and what's not. I thought I would seek advice from knowledgable people (that would be you). If I just start with a general overview of what I am going to be using the laptop for, and then we can take we can take it from there. The laptop will need to run concurrently Flight Simulator X and Visual Studio 2008 Professional (when it arrives) at a reasonable resolution (the screens native resolution?). Further, with those closed I would like to be able to run 3D Studio Max 2008 with Photoshop CS3 running. I do have a size constraint - 29.5 X 4.75 X 47.5 cm! The lighter the better. I would prefer Vista Ultimate (64-Bit), but I can load that if it doesn't come bundled. I realise that this specification isn't going to be cheap, but would rather have a laptop that does what I want, than save a few pennies :) I am from the UK, if that matters :)Thank-you for your help,Kind Regards, Matt

Guest baksteen33

Hi Matt, Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the 'ultimate notebook section'. :-) What kind of replies do you get when you send those specs to HP, Lenovo, Dell and the lot? You're quite precise about the apps and the size after all. Generally put, the lower the res, the lesser the sys (& GPU) could be. Kind regards Jaap