Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

Sikorsky S-51..no GPS?

I just noticed it doesn't have that or "collective". (tool bar>views>insturments).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Perhaps he left GPS out because it's inappropriate for the time period of the S-51. The first satellite (Sputnik I) hadn't been launched yet, much less the GPS satellites.Perhaps he felt the Bell 206b collective was not suitable since the S-51 didn't have a blip switch, only a twist-grip throttle and a starter button on the end of it.IMHO.Calhover long and prosper

Perhaps a digital flop-flop nav/com with an LED display and a nav head with a glide slope isn't period or even appropriate for this type of aircraft. It also has a transponder. There are plenty of period gauges and avionics to choose from in the sim world if he was going strictly period.I've seen plenty of vintage aircraft with updated avionics so they can operate in a modern air traffic system. As this aircraft is equipped, I don't think a GPS is out of line...IMHO.

Lizardo my scaly friend. Why don't you just put a GPS in...? copy the gauge into the gauge directory and then copy the relevant GPS section from the 206B panel.cfg file paste it into the S51 panel.cfg file (just ensure you give it a unique gauge number) and you're away!It'll work, I promise....R.:-smile12

Actually someone else brought it to my attention. (honestly I never knew it was there). I just use shift+Z all the time :)