Sign in to follow this  

Dauphin- speed limited?

Hello,i found that i could not go more than around 80 Ktswith the Dauphin under attitude hold modes. i mustdo something wrong. Can someone help?regards, Hobbes

Only thing I noticed - as in the REAL HELO - manuvering speed is around 140 or less Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Fine you can go 140 Kts with autopilot-what are your settings?- realisim on top, oldor fixed .gau etc. ?thanks for helpingregards, Hobbes

Realism one notch from top - new guage -Here is the scenario I just used.GO to KCGX go into a hover - set hdg 090 altitude 6000 ft Speed 140Vs 1000fpmTransition to fwd flight - ensure all 3 as alt and vs are lit - and go to townRichard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Guest Aidi

One thing you should check is the bug on the Airspeed indicator. If it is set at 80kts, that is all the autopilot will allow the helicopter to do. You can change this by pressing and holding the U key and tapping the - or + key to increase or decrease the bughttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks- but it does not help -Could be a real bug.May be with the stick or the driver? I will have a try with theold .gauThanks for helpingregards, Hobbes

Thanks- No, i know about that. All works fine but at 80Kts the nosecomes up and the Helo will not get faster :(Thanks for helpingregards, Hobbes

Hello,I have worked all night at that problem (puh!)but it does not work. i can not go faster then 80 Kts with autopilot. The stick is a SpartaFighter Rockfire USB (the driver has some auto-kalibration thingy is that a problem?). I thinka listmember was a betatester for Antti? Couldhe please inform him about that? Thanks-regards, Hobbes

Guest Airprox

Hi,I don't mind E-mailing Antti for you, however, it would probably be easier for you, and Antti, to communicate directly, that way there will be less chances for errors in passing the info! His E-mail is at the bottom of the Manual. If you'd rather I'd contact Antti, drop me a line here, and I'll get on it.CheersAlun

Hello,Found it! It will not work with the auto-trims on.Funy- the manual says "The auto-trims should alwaysbe on during automated or assisted flight" so i havenot looked at that.May be it interact with the autocal. of the stick.The .gau is in C++ right?regards, Hobbes