Sign in to follow this  

Skids leave tyre marks in FS2002 !

I recently designed a BK117 and posted it here at AVSIM. A rather unrealistic error has occurred in that, when landing a bit "hot", the skids leave a tyre mark on the tarmac. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to cure this problem ? I would stab a guess that the adjustment, if any, lies in the .air file. It is entirely possible that the .air file used once related to an aircraft with wheels rather than skids.Thanks for any help that can be given. :-waveBrian Whitelegg.

Guest Grey_Wolf

Make sure the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file are skids and not wheels. I flew the same helicopter briefly before deleting it, one of the fualts that caused me to do so was how it kept "sliding" after a landing at 1KT. If you dont know how to check your contact points, e mail the aircraft.cfg file to me and I'll look in to it for you. Having FunGrey_Wolf

Hi Brian,I agree with Grey_Wolf... the trick's in the .cfg file. Don't use the "Aircraft Editor" to change the settings... they don't stick. A text editor is your best bet.Tom

Many thanks for the advice guys. Cal Booth has described in "That Other !!!" posting about my 117 how to cure this problem.One learns a little more with each passing day.

Guest Skymed

1. You is a limey by the way you spell tire2. I am also a paramedic...........where do you work....scope of practise etc?3. I am an air ambulance medic.......15 years now in Canada (ex Yorkshire).4. Nice chopper !!Keep up the good work.