Sign in to follow this  
Guest nattydread

Where to find good rotary add-ons

Guest nattydread

Im a fixed wing nut with a growing interest in rotary aircraft. Where could I find high quality add-ons. Im interested in a Blackhawk, US Coast Guard or some other transport type helicopters.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Charles,Do you have a Fly! II sitting around somewhere? ;-) If so, you may want to dust it off...We've already released a very detailed Dauphin which has been tested by US Coast Guard pilots who say it's about 85% accurate!!! The systems are fully modeled, which is something you will probably appreciate, being a PMDG fan. We're currently working on an autopilot and coupler for the Dauphin, which will be include in version 2.0, together with some fixes.A Sikorsky S-61N is also in the works and an S-76C+ is also being produced. We'll have pictures of both shortly.You can download the Dauphin from our website at www.f2fdesign.com or from the Avsim library.Enjoy!http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest nattydread

Oh my, FLYII...I hope its still around here somewhere. I'd have to do some serious looking though. I take it there is nothing for FS9 out there.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Charles,>I take it there is nothing for FS9 out there.I don't use FS9, that's why I didn't comment about it. I'm sure there must be good stuff for it but I doubt that you'll fine something as detailed, at least on the systems side, as our Dauphin...You can also get a copy of Fly! II on eBay, they're bundled up with other flight sims.Let me know if you need any help setting up the Dauphin and, most importantly, patching up Fly! to the latest version. It's definitely worth the time and effort.Regards.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest nattydread

I just might do that. I always felt FLYII had the potential for being so much better than MSFS, it took me years to even try MSFS after I gave up on FLYII...I had to go where PMDG went and they are the only reason why I gave MSFS a try.I may have to try FlyII again...

Guest Fly II Pilot

Charles,Just so you know, the folks at ROTW (fly.simvol.org) are in the process of releasing a DVD that will not only contain all of their sceneries, aircraft, etc. but it will also have an autoinstall that will patch up your Fly! II to the latest and greatest version.If you go to Avsim's Fly! II forum you'll find a very good FAQ and tutorial that will help you getting started. But, as I said before, let me know if you get stuck.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest pilot_guru

hi Charles,pop on over to http://hovercontrol.com for all your helicopter needs. From downloads to training - its all there! Helicopters, scenery, advice, great people, designers, repainters! - its a heli-nuts dream come true!While there, join up and have some fun. HoverControl even has their own multiplayer server! They are a great bunch, very helpful.....you couldn't ask for more!Dave

Guest BULLDOG

A MUST hit hovercontrol.....my suggestions are1 german huey2 md-5003 blackhawk4 bell 475 chinook6 as-350 Mate the list goes on ,youll find between fsim ,avsim hovercontrol..........you wont get time to fly ...lol enjoy