Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Voodoo5

Can anyone who has a Voodoo5 card help me? I'm having trouble with the way the card renders the clouds in the sky. The nearby ones are fine, but the distant flat ones bounce and dance all over the sky. If I'm sitting on the ground and look up at high cirrus clouds I get just about dizzy. Very annoying as you know. I think I read somewhere a long time ago that there's a way to rename some of the clouds, but I don't know if it works or what to do from here. Can someone shed some light on this?Thanks in advance.Ary

Guest JonP01

Ary,I know this worked in my case, as I was the one who wrote the tip when I used to own a Voodoo 5500. I believe there have been other solutions, but it doesn't do any harm to try this one, as you can easily undo your changes. Unfortunately as a result of doing it, your clouds won't be as exact as in the original sim, but it significantly reduced the shimmering effect.http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=165