Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

What's the best sounds for the 737.747 etc?

I had to re-install FS2002 and dont want a bunch of stuff clogging up the HD. Can you give me your opinion on the best all around sound pak for the default 737,747 etc? I will get it and just leave it at that.Turnip

Guest Van

The MS default 737-400 sound is also used for the 777 and 747 and as everyone knows, it's really not a realistic experience. These airliners are very different in size and the engine sounds are unique to each. A 777's engines for example have almost 4x the thrust as a 737-400 and are several times larger, this in itself creates a much deeper and more powerful sound, than the 737's little CFM's. If you want to use just as single sound set for all of your MS default heavy jets, then I would suggest just keeping the default sounds.Regards,Vanhttp://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Good point on the differance. Let me change my question then. If I wanted a differant sound for each, what would you suggest as the best.

For the 747, I have tried several different sound files found on avsim. I finally settled on the sounds by Bilal Siddiqui - 2 files around 9 and 10 mb each. They are sounds for a Rolls Royce engine - classic 747-400. I find them to have the deepest roar during take off and great flap sounds and among the most realistic engine sounds. They are quite good, but I am still looking for something more comprehensive .. something that will include take off and landing announcements etc. to give that environment feel.

Guest JeanLuc_

There is a Reality XP jetliner sound pack here in the avsim library:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...=&CurrentPage=5It is recorded from a B747-400 cockpit and having been in one several times, I admit to me the effect is quite close to reality (that is also somewhat different than the PAX sound that we are used to hear with FS2002, i.e. too loud engine sound when in fact you don't hear that much when at the noze of the aircraft).Make sure to download both files (1.0 & 1.1).Hope this helps!