Sign in to follow this  

P3 800 256 sd ram Pc133 upgrade video card

hi all i have a P3 800 256 meg ram and GForce 2 MX 400 64 meg ram, i am thinking of upgrading to a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 64 meg card do you think i will see alot of frame rate improvements and textures will load quicker?i have the PSS747 and the textures take along time to load when i go to external viewalso i have two monitors can i set up the other monitor with the one video card or do i need to also use my current cheap PCI cardthe card i want to get has VIVO which means video capturing as well, has anyone had any problems with this card?the card is a Winfast Geforce4 A250 DDR 64MB Titanium 4200 MyVivothx

Hi, Honestly, you will see very little, if any, FR increase with your P3 800 as your system is CPU limited. A substantial boost of processor speed, say 1.6GHz or higher is needed to benefit from the GF4, otherwise I fear your money is wasted. All your other questions seem academic at this point. Sorry to paint such a dim picture, but that's the raw truth. Cheers,Greg

Guest Reddog

I'm currently running a P3 800 and installed a PNY GF4 Ti4200 64 meg card and it made the scenery a lot nicer plus lets you see the shiney reflective texures that are coming out but didn't do any thing for frame rates as stated in the other thread.New P4 2.53 on order!!http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/905260.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

ok thanks i wont buy it then, i will just wait 9 months and upgrade and order a brand spanking new system in time for FS2004 :9