Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

FSD Seneca V, minimum hardware requirements?

Hello,I've got a low end computer (Celeron 950, Geforce 2mx400 64 meg video), and am running FS2002 okay with hardware settings adjusted to my liking. I'm running all of the default planes with great framerates and also PIC767 with the Posky visual model and am having decent frames as well.I wonder if all the new details and instruments with FSD's new Seneca will be too much for my system to run fluidly? Does anyone have any experience with a similiar hardware setup or know of recommended minimum hardware requirements?Thanks a lot.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello there, JonasMine is a AMD 1.2, GF2 MX4 64, 512 RAM. My fps is locked to 18 and that's what I get with the FSD Seneca V. With fps locked at 24, I get around 21 in VC (where you get the most load on your system).Best,Marcelo

Jonas, I have a system very similar to yours. Mine is an AMD 900 with GF2 GTS 64 Vid card and I have no problems with the Seneca at all. The VC does cost me about 2-3 FPS but I lock mine at 20 and it stays there most of the time. Of course if you go into the very high density traffic areas you may suffer a slowdown but the only real noticible slowdown I get is while on deck taxiing out at Big airports once airborne she is smooth as silk. I will gladly live with that to be able to fly this magnificent aircraft.Ken

My system is not as good as yours and I'm getting very good framerates with the Seneca. Granted, not as high as the default planes but not much less. Very enjoyable.