Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Interesting news on Eclipse Jet & Abacus FS2002 Eclipse

A while back, there was a thread here on this promising jet. Abacus even had one available for FS2002. Recently, Abacus pulled the Eclipse jet from sale for FS2002 without comment.Even more interesting, Eclipse announced they are terminating their relationship with Williams. Makes me wonder about the project's viability now--with the lightweight Williams engine being a key factor in the Eclipse's design. Eclipse says they are negotiating with other engine mfrs, but I wonder if anything is as close to certification as the Williams engine was.So at the moment, it seems that Maverick is the only low cost twinjet being sold. Cessna has the Mustang on the distant horizon.And as for the issues with Abacus' FS2002 Eclipse, I'm very curious why it's gone. Did Eclipse take issue with the free publicity, and feel a copyright was violated?If you want to see what Abacus used to sell for FS2002, search at Google using the keywords "abacus eclipse fs2002". Choose the cached option. No more pictures, but you'll get the idea...It's a pity, as the Eclipse was a very novel, niche aircraft for FS2002.More about it at:www.eclipseaviation.com

Guest DaveKDEN

That is very interesting. I honestly had serious doubts about the ability of Eclipse to pull off (even) an entry level Biz jet for less than $1 Mil. While I had high hopes, $1 Mil is chump change when it comes to Biz jets. On the other hand, the Carbon Aero A500 (from Adam Aircraft Industries right here at Centennial Airport (KAPA)) looks very promising for less than $1 Mil. Granted it's a prop job, but it's very advanced. They've also listed specifications for the A700 powered by (interestingly enough) the Williams Intl. FJ33. Looks like a twin jet derivative of the A500. Pretty cool stuff.Main Site;http://www.adamaircraft.com/A700 Press release;http://www.adamaircraft.com/PressReleases.asp#13Dave