Sign in to follow this  

DX 8.0 or 8.2

I've read in one of the posts that DX 8.1 (or 8.2) causes a substencial drop in frame rates, is that really the case?if so am I in trouble? I heard that once a new version of DX is installed it is difficult to roll back (no, i didn't save the settings before I upgraded...)specs are:intel 1.5GNvidia mx200 64M265 RDRAMwin XPDX 8.2with a 3rg party panel (say PIC767) and dense 3rd party or very busy AP, FR may drop to 6-7 is DX8.2 the culprit?Cheers.Ha5

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well that is strange, I went to 8.2 and gained about 2 or 3 FPS, with a PIII 500 512 MB RAM, XP PRO. Not sure what is causing thatKurt

Well if you do fly multiplayer or on VATSIM, DX 8.2 takes that capability away.

well, actually there is a way around it, if you copy the ip address you get when opening "host options" submenue to the "locate session" window (the one that pops after you press "search").its a totaly different story with DF737 however; after DX 8.2 the FS window will go minimised every time one opens the FMC.

Thanks for that info. :-) Hopefully DX9 final will be out soon.

Which version of DirectX is installed makes virtually no difference in the framerate. The drop in framerate in the situations you describe are the normal ones caused by a heavy load on the CPU. You would see no difference with 8.1 .Trip