Sign in to follow this  

Missing Scenery Squares!

HiAm new to the forum.I am having a problem at high altitudes (20,000/30,000 feet) with squares of scenery not being drawn. I have vis set no more than 40 miles and in the distance sometimes, I just have a complete straight line and then the sea - its as though the sim can't load the next area. As soon as you get close enough to it - the square is drawn.Any ideas at all?I'm running FS2002Pentium 4 - 1.78GHzGE Force 2 64Mb512Mb ram

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try setting visablity to 80 miles set your textures to the max & terrain to the max your PC should handel all your display option set to the max. Hocky, Texas Air Aces,Houston TX

If you know how to edit your FS2002.cfg file then try these parameters:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=14.110000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4These work well for me!Note: you can cut and paste the above directly above your original settings then use a semi-colon ; before original entries which tells FS2002 to 'ignore' original settings.... that way you can always re-instate them later if you wish!Like this:[TERRAIN];TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=14.110000;TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19;TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8;TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5etc etc