Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

Setting auto approach

Hi Guys,I have looked everywhere (maybe not hard enough) but could not find a way to autopilot the system through the entire landing process. I need information on how to set an approach etc. as I am trying to land in bad weather. Any reference to article or post is highly appreciated.Thanks in advanceBobby

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can use MSFS AP to fly the approach... its not an auto land system. You have to turn off the AP and flare the aircraft to land.Better yet hand fly the approach and as well as the landing.

well, down and dirty here you go. get the plane lined up with the runway. Have it within ,say 5 to 10 degrees of the localizer needle being centered. Then make sure the glideslope needle is close to center or just above it. never get below the glideslope beam (signal)before the outter marker. Have the autopilot engaged and click on the approach button (sometimes near the Autopilot button). Keep things close like i said or else you will get a wild ride as that auto pilot tries to center the needles! There is 'way' more to what I just told you but that will get you started anyway.