Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Word of appreciation towards Wilco A2k2V1

I just wanted to say that wilco has did a good job with airport 2002 vol1.the textures look really good and I think the 737 model is okay too.I think the 737 gives us an idea of how the future ac cockpits in fs will look like. and i think they did a pretty good job.I also wanted to say that i dislike all the comment about the 737 saying its crap.Come on people what do you expect. five or what highly detailed aiports and a state of the art airplane model?.I just do think this is realistic. if you want a good plane then wait for A320. Wilco wants to give us a taste of what to come. I think its rude to burn it to the floor.I think the Airport 2002 package is really good, and i even like the 737. kind regardsG.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just received my copy this PM and I have to agree. What I'm most impressed with though is the passenger view (wing view)(Ctrl+7). Took a short flight from O'Hare to Oshkosh and landed safely. Then I did an instant replay at 250 sec. Once started, I went to the passenger view. This is not just a static wing view. I can actually watch the flaps lower and hear the sounds! Everything on the wing is actually working in passenger view. Very realistic to me as this is where I sit when I'm on real commercial airliners and I felt like I was on a real airliner. Great job Wilco!Frame rates on my system ran between 10-15 FPS with everything, including ATC, maxed. Not great but bearable. I have an Intel 2.2 system with 1 gig of RDRAM and a GF3 video card. I found the FPS the worst in cockpit view around O'Hare but the 737 seemed to taxi without stutters. Takeoff was a little shaky though as I don't think my system likes the runways Wilco put in (it was difficult to keep the aircraft straight on the runway). Nice looking runways though. A few tweaks and I should get that small problem worked out.Im' going to check out the rest of the eye candy that came with this package but put me down as a happy camper. Thanks Wilco.Jim