Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Reverse Thrust Configuration Files

Guest Maul

Hello all,Can someone please send me or post their *.cfg files for their default b737, b777 or b747? If that includes a fsuipc config file too, please send that as well. My email is etmaul02@msn.com, thanks a bunch.MaulWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

I don't believe anyone can send the default A/C cfg or .air files, as Microsoft owns the copyright on those--but I suspect I misunderstand your request. As I mentioned in the other thread, the reverse thrust factor is not available in the .cfg file--only in the .air file.The FSUIPC reverse thrust "fix" doesn't increase it--it only fixes an issue for FS pilots who use the joystick for adjusting the throttle. You will find reverse thrust is watered down in FS2002. Some say it is more realistic, although you've already discovered that a/c which can do powered pushbacks, such as the MD-80, can't do them in FS2002 without a mod to the .air file....I hope FS2004 incorporates a reverse_thrust_scalar where someone can adjust the power to their tastes, even if it sacrifices realism. There are similar scalars already for power, lift, etc....You could try downloading some of the third party a/c, like the POSKY jets. But you won't find any entry related to reverse thrust in the .cfg files, and most of the .air files use the default entry of 25 in rec 313.

Guest Maul

Hey John,Thanks for all your responses. I understand what your saying now and I'm glad you responded so quickly. I'll try out some of the POSKY jets and see if they have better reverse thrust capability. You know it's hard to believe that FS98 and FS2000, (I think) had reverse thrust capability, but they took it out of 2002. Like you said, we can only wait for 2004.MaulWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

"....know it's hard to believe that FS98 and FS2000, (I think) had reverse thrust capability, but they took it out of 2002....."They didn't take it out per se' They just watered it down. Most of the jet jockeys here say it's more realistic now. Problem is, FS2002 introduced a new issue where it seems to take more thrust to get an aircraft moving than before. Takes even more thrust to get it to move backwards. But take the F-15.... I can back it up with reverse thrust easily in FS2002, but look at engine power to aircraft weight...What's funny, is there's still many real pilots who come in and say that jets can't back up via reverse thrust. Almost every MD-80/90 I've flown in has. Been too long since I've flown a 727 to remember whether it does as well, but I believe most tail mounted engine jets can perform this feat. I believe there are serious issues to doing this with wing mount engines, however.If you adjust rec 313 in the .air file from 25 to 100, you'll find you can back up.... But you'll have to release reverse thrust slowly, to let the engines spool down, otherwise you'll shoot forward, which really gets the gate agents upset :)Without this mod, I haven't found any freeware or payware aircraft that can back up.... I don't mind much--I just hit shift/P and reverse thrust in an MD-80, and "pretend" that I can back up :)