Sign in to follow this  
Guest CYOW_pilot

Flight 1 DC-9 questions - Mach Indicator

Guest CYOW_pilot

In general I am quite enjoying the Flight 1 DC-9, but on a recent "test" flight I noticed two things that didn't work properly.First, the Mach Trim Inop light on the annunciator panel is always on. I am pretty sure I followed the checklist but it never went away on the whole trip. Anybody else see this?Second, on the ASI/Mach Indicator, the Mach band never moves and consequently is quite useless as a Mach indicator. For example, cruising at FL310, RAT -50 and IAS 300 knots, the mach indicator read something like 0.60 when it should have read about .75 or .76. The band never moved against a constant IAS during the climb or descent. I have flown real aircraft with this type of indicator (though many years ago) and know that something is not right here.I checked Flight1's web site but they don't really have a place for tech support (that I could see) so I will post the questiond and observation here.Anybody else noticed these two things?Just the same, good fun to fly it around (once you figure out that damn pressurization / air conditioning system!).Kevin in CYOW

Guest CYOW_pilot

Thanks for the link Jeff.Kevin