Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Ariane/DF734 Merge Question...

Guest abent

I'm considering picking up an Ariane 737-400 GMAX. I have a couple questions (already searched the forums):1) I went to the site (the Ariane Air Shop) and I only see 3 liveries available. Does anyone know where one can get a comprehensive list of 737-400Gmax liveries since you have to buy each livery separately, I want to be sure I get one I really want and can use a lot. Or maybe these 3 are the only ones available so far in GMAX. It doesn't HAVE to be GMAX. How are the non-GMAX ones. I'm leaning towards something like United.I really like the look of those fantastic wing views (from inside) with operable flaps/spoilers etc.2) Who has had experience doing the merge? Is it easy, or do you have to do a whole bunch of fiddly things to get it working. I had a bad experience trying to change panels in a couple twin otters I have: Lost/missing gauges, FS errors etc. I love those auto-install programs. :( Almost ready to take the plunge, just need a quick heads up on what's entailed. Thanks, Adam

There a merge file in there website and not really that hard you just need to replace the file, if livery you fly alot is not there then dont get it and wait for it to come out or maybe someone can make it but get the one you want the most,so far am haveing fun with the 737 i have the continental airlines livery since i love continental and fly with them all the time from ewr.p.s maybe someone who know's better can comment on this :)

I can't comment on the merge, but on the liveries....Recent posts in the forums as well as updates on Ariane's site suggest that quite an influx of liveries, including freeware, are coming. Tom is working on British Midland, which will be freeware and quite a nice livery to have for recreating European flights. Frontier will also be released for my side of the pond. Anything with Tom's name attached is guaranteed to be of the best quality--I've always admired his work. I believe Misha is also helping on the freeware side--another quality repainter.You may want to try contacting Ariane. I am sure they would provide a list of what's coming.For the 737-400, I believe there's already a free British Airways livery or two.I agree that the wing views are fantastic. No 737 sold or freeware offers anything close, unless someone wants to settle for static bitmaps. If you are a wing view fan, also try the POSKY 747. I am very pleased with their work on the 747. I hope it means a change of heart from freeware designers, as those of us who enjoy dynamic wing views and flight as passengers could have more to enjoy.BTW--one other POSKY aircraft w/wing views is the CRJ. But I alerted them that the ailerons don't move in the dynamic views. I don't know if a model update was ever posted to fix the issue. Their CRJ is one of my favorites--really, my airliner "range" consists of the CRJ, the Ariane 737, and the POSKY 747-400. Quite a nice suite of aircraft, I think.-John

Guest abent

Thanks for the replies.I will look further into this.Adam