Sign in to follow this  

NVidia Detonator 41.09

The WHQL Candidate is available on the NVIDIA site for the 41.09 for W2000/XP.Anyone given it a whirl yet?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've upgraded to them, on my msi ti4400 128meg. They seem to work great. I havn't noticed anything odd yet anyhow. No slowdowns or anything.The only problem I've seen, is that FS wont let me run in 1600x1200x32. I've no idea why. It seems to be related to teh fact that directx says that agp texturing is not available. If I go back to the 30.xx drivers, DX will turn on agp texturing and I can get higher resolutions in FS again. Other games work fine at 16x12x32 and higher.I dont really want to go back to the older driver tho.

You can force 1600x1200x32 by changing your resolution directly in the FS2002.CFG file.Cheers,JPS. Thumbs up on the 41.09's. Seems like a good batch.

So far tested every game I own and working great, better image quality in FS, so far so good!

Hi jase439,I have a Dell 8100 - present drivers are 40.72. Tried to install the 41.09 Drivers but was asked to uninstall existing Drivers, I tried to do this via Device Manager/Properties but the 40.72 Drivers would not uninstall - tried twice more same result. Is there another way to uninstall Drivers?

41.09 did horrible things to my aircraft textures for some weird reason. Also it did not set up support for stereo by default installation. Have now reverted to 30.82, being rock-solid: and yes, I've tried all subsequent releases which are not (for me) so reliable. Coincidentally 30.82 remains a perfect fit with the latest authorised stereo drivers from Nvidia, also 30.82. So now all works well again.As I've said in another post this week, I'm going to leave things well alone in future. On aggregate, I've had far more problems trying to "upgrade" my drivers than is worth the time, effort, and frustration; not to mention, the risk to my system when things go blue and black. Setting up afresh every time is a real pain.However, I'm sure it's a matter of horses for courses ... everybody's rig is different.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Saw Banzai's post below ... RIGHT! Don't know why, but I had the same with those drivers. 30.82 it is from now on. Maybe we should start a 30.82 fan club (yawn ....)!!http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

After the 40.72 ones gave my sound a bad case of the stutters there's no way I'm switching from 30.82.