Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

NEW! Ryan STA from Bill Lyons

Finally released! Bill's new Ryan STA package is another GREAT addon from Golden Eagles. Much is included in this release for which I was pleased to be a beta tester. You can see some sceenshots I posted at www.sheridangraphics.com/test/ryan.htm or go to http://windrfters.com and check out the particulars.It is frame rate friendly with beautiful reflective textures.Dave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Dave,Just ordered it. I can never resist a Bill Lyons aircraft.

I've been waiting for someone to come out with the beautiful STAsince the FS2000 version was released. I'm so glad it was Lynn and Bill Lyon's that produced this aircraft because there work is always top drawer. :-yellow1Thanks alot Lynn & BillBest regards,Jan :-wave

I just got the Ryan this morning and I have to say it is Bill & Lynn's best effort to date, although I admit to having a monoplane bias. It is just such an attractive aircraft. If anyone wants the early 20th century equivalent of the RealAirSimulations SF260, this is it! I reckon this aircraft is excellent for true VFR flying, with a few aerobatics thrown in between waypoints! It is actually extremely control sensitive and maneoverable once in it's performance envelope. Now I'm seriously thinking of investing in the UK VFR photographic scenery and sectionals so I can fly this thing over that beautiful countryside.

Jon: Have you tried the '34 Ford yet? There is a "flight" for it called Christmas Eve Moutain Cabin (I think that is the name), anyway, you drive down a highway and turn on Crystal Creek road, at night, in a snow storm, and drive up the hill to the cabin. What an excellent trip! The effects are great. I ended up wrapping the Ford around a tree (was switching views and not paying attention to where I was going).The skiier is kinda fun too, I really like the blowing scarf effects and the way Bill and Lynn made the skiier's body lean in turns. Man, they sure do pay attention to the little details!Really a fun package. Even the Gar Wood Boat is a kick!I've been having a blast with this package and active camera, in the fly-by mode with smoke on, the Ryan looks so great looping and spinning! Fun!Dave

I was going to try the cars, boats and what-have you tomorrow :-lol I've just been having too much of a blast in the STA today. I told Bill I was going to do some screenies as well. What is flight sim coming to? Now we can drive our car from our house to the pier. Then we can skipper our boat to that remote lakeside airstrip. Then we take off in our pristine, shiny metallic STA. Next thing well be having simulated McDonalds (oh, hang on, there's another sim for that :-lol )