Sign in to follow this  

KSNA - Collision at gates with new scenery installed

Need some advice...I recently installed Shehryar Ansari's scenery for John Wayne/Orange County Airport (KSNA -- which, by the way, is excellent), and I also installed an AFCAD file that was customized for the new scenery. Now, when I choose a starting departure Gate (any of them, actually), FS detects a collision right after my plane (737-400) appears at the gate. There are no buildings or other aircraft in the way... the plane IS in close proximity to the terminal, but not close enough to touch. I have a similiar problem with Redding Municipal Airport (in my hometown)... I installed some decent scenery for it, but there are certain areas now at the airport where I get mysterious collisions and there is nothing to collide with! I suppose I could set FS to "Ignore Crashes", but I really don't want to do that. Any ideas?-Bill King

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Personnally I would set it to ignore crashes for that reason because I haven't seen anything else to eliviate that problem. Also when you go to KSNA set it to park at 19r or 19L and taxi to the terminal, do your flight plan - Make sure you have the fsuipc set to do not relocate after plan plan is filed. Then taxi to the runway and takeoff. That is the only way I could fix this problem.

Shehryar's scenery contains a number of hidden objects (you can actually hit them while flying or in spot view). You have to turn collision detections off and/or do as someone else suggested and move your start point to the runway and slew/taxi to the gate manually.Cheers,J