Sign in to follow this  

After upgrading to 1.9, FSFlightmax no longer shows we...

After upgrading to ActiveSky wxre version 1.9, FSFlightmax no longer shows weather.I have checked all the obvious - the wxre .ini file still shows the correct (same) export path and still generates the wx-export.met file for FSFlightmax - but FSFlightmax is no longer reading the data in the file.I am using FS2002, FSUIPC version 3.03 (registered) and W2K. Any ideas?At this point I would like to re-install the previous version of ActiveSky wxre, since it worked perfectly with FSFlightMax. Where can I download the previous version?Cheers,ClausAny

Claus,Same for me. The v1.87 can be found in the library here. You will need to start over with your base install then upgrade to V1.87.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Jim,Thank I will do that....I guess that FSFlightmax will not be able to work with FS2004 than...too bad...:-bangCheers,Claus

"The v1.87 can be found in the library here."Jim, where is that library on your website??? Looked under downloads...nada???Claus

"Here" meaning at AVSIM. Just do a search for wxRE.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Jim,Ahhhhhh sooooo... thanks again. But now another question arises:I was planning to keep my FS2002 install with FSFlightmax and wxre 1.87..and then install FS9 using wxre 1.9...but I guess that will not work cauze it would mean running to different versions of wxre on the same PC.Soo, is there any hope that you guys will try to get wxre 1.9 to work with FSFlightmax???? I am sure I am not the only one out there with this combo.. The alternative is to run....FSMETEO ...with FSFlightmax in FS2002. SURELY YOU DON'T WANT TO FORCE ME TO DO THAT!!!:-erks Claus

Claus,This whole thing puts us in a mess! Damian works to patch v1.87. This stops another add-on from working. At the same time he is working around the clock to release AS 2 with new features AND work on a private server set-up. How much do we ask him to do?For your set-up, which is the same as mine, I could see running 2 versions of AS and FS as long as they were set it different directories.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest pagotan

Hi Guys,I think you can spare Damian with any change FSFlightMax works perfectly with both FS2002 and FS2004 and ActiveSky v 1.9.One of my installations is as follows on the same PC I have1. On drive F: FS2002, FSFlightMax and FSUIPC v. 2.9752. On drive H: ActiveSky v. 1.9 and a WX folder where Acitvesky stores the Wx files whether when called from FS2002 or FS2004.3. On Drive J: FS2004, FSFlightMax and FSUIPC v. 3.03I believe your problem is the version of FSUIPC in FS2002. I have a strong suspicion that it will not work with Version 3.03. However there is no problem whatsoever when FSUIPC 2.975 is installed.Here are my config files for your reference:1 ActiveSky://wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = H:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = H:Program FilesMETAR CyclesOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle03Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUpdateFDOnNewStation = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = 7RainVisReduction = FalseOvercastHorizonVis = FalseDisableForceWindUpdates = TrueTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 400UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = NONE2. FSFlightMax in FS2002:[Registration]Userid=Key=CRC=[Miscellaneous]RadiusNavaid=1500RadiusWeather=2000UpdateRate=1500UseInternet=1TerrainInFeet=0RequirePowerSource=0TieSounds=1ChartsDirectory=H:Program FilesCharts[iniEditor]UseSkins=1LastSkin=taxi.ksknDayImage=Hires_Smoothy_dayNightImage=Hires_Smoothy_dayLastSkinName=Taxi (Default)[Charts]Quantize=0RangeRing=0KnobFunction=1ChartTracking=1DelayedTopDownUpdateRate=0Filter=0[Network]FSDirectory=[sizePosition]X=611Y=36W=654[FSMeteo]FSMeteoDirectory=H:Program FilesMETAR CyclesFSMeteoActive=0[settings]EnableGoFlight=0[Orientation]Map=3Lightning=2Radar=1Traffic=2Charts=3[Ranges]Map=8Lightning=6Radar=8Traffic=6Charts=1[Map]MapLevel=1KnobLevel=3WxLevel=2DeclutterLevel=3DrawCompass=0RadarActive=1TrafficActive=1LightningActive=1LightningMasterOn=0DrawRunways=1[Traffic]Extent=2[Radar]TiltValue=-0.25ModeIndex=3Stabilizer=0Azimuths=1BeamAltitudes=1BigBeamWidth=1EchoWarnings=0[Lightning]LightningRangeIndex=7LightningStrikeFlash=0LightningCellMode=0[DataBlocks]Block1Visible=1Block2Visible=01=82=73=54=135=126=127=128=12[AirportFilter]Towered=1NonTowered=1Hard=1Soft=1Water=1MinRunwayLength=0MinRunwayLengthIdx=0[LightningEffects]LargestNumberStrikes=8LargestDelay=12MinStrikeSize=100MaxStrikeSize=500StrikeFlashSize=500StormscopeRange=100[LocalWeatherEffects]CoverageMultiplier=1LocalStationRadiusNM=35[ActiveSky]ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=H:Program FilesMETAR Cycles[NavMapSettings]100=Auto103=Auto106=Auto109=Auto112=Auto115=Auto118=Auto121=Auto124=Auto127=Auto114=6117=6120=5123=5126=5129=6108=6111=6102=6105=6101=1104=1107=1110=1113=1116=1119=1122=1125=1128=13. FSFlightMax config file in FS2004:[Orientation]Map=2Lightning=2Radar=1Traffic=2Charts=3[Ranges]Map=8Lightning=6Radar=8Traffic=6Charts=6[Charts]RangeRing=1KnobFunction=1ChartTracking=1DelayedTopDownUpdateRate=0Filter=0Quantize=0[Map]MapLevel=1KnobLevel=1WxLevel=2DeclutterLevel=3DrawCompass=1RadarActive=1TrafficActive=0LightningActive=1LightningMasterOn=0DrawRunways=1[Traffic]Extent=2[Radar]TiltValue=0ModeIndex=1Stabilizer=0Azimuths=1BeamAltitudes=1BigBeamWidth=1EchoWarnings=0[Lightning]LightningRangeIndex=7LightningStrikeFlash=0LightningCellMode=0[DataBlocks]Block1Visible=0Block2Visible=01=122=123=124=125=126=127=128=12[AirportFilter]Towered=1NonTowered=1Hard=1Soft=1Water=1MinRunwayLength=0MinRunwayLengthIdx=0[LightningEffects]LargestNumberStrikes=8LargestDelay=12MinStrikeSize=100MaxStrikeSize=500StrikeFlashSize=500StormscopeRange=100[LocalWeatherEffects]CoverageMultiplier=1LocalStationRadiusNM=35[FSMeteo]FSMeteoActive=0FSMeteoDirectory=H:Program FilesMETAR Cycles[ActiveSky]ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=H:Program FilesMETAR Cycles[Registration]Userid=Michael AndreKey=M8HDM-VM3UACRC=875[Miscellaneous]ChartsDirectory=H:Program FilesChartsRadiusNavaid=400RadiusWeather=400UpdateRate=1500UseInternet=0TerrainInFeet=0RequirePowerSource=0TieSounds=1[iniEditor]UseSkins=1LastSkin=taxi.ksknDayImage=dayNightImage=nightLastSkinName=Taxi[Network]FSDirectory=[sizePosition]X=666Y=18W=611Feel free to compare with yours and if you still have a problem getting radar returns in either of the installed FS I shall try to help further.Michael

Guest cvj4

I stand corrected... ActiveSky wxre 1.9 works with FSFlightMax.On my setup, FS9 runs on my "main" PC and ActiveSky wxre 1.9 and FSFlightmax Remote reside on a separate PC linked to the main PC by WideFS 6.02. Both programs are on the same hard drive.Problem was that FSFlightmax Remote had problems finding the ActiveSky wxre directory. Problem was resolved by "sharing" and "mapping" the 2 directories. (This does not make a lot of sense since both directories are on the same hard drive....but who cares, it works).Sorry to have caused Damian heartburn:-bla Cheers,Claus