Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmcevilley

Forced Weather Question - Pressure Setting

Guest mmcevilley

Damien,I'm flying ActiveSky 1.91 w/Radar Contact on FS2k2. I've recently made several flights and noticed that the actual FS pressure setting at the DEST is not matching the Metar, the ATIS reported altimeter or the Radar Contact approach controller's reported altimter setting. For example, during an approach to KDFW (and still beyond the force distance) the current pressure was 3028. When 50 miles from KDFW (and within the "force" distance), ATIS reported the altimeter as 3015. When approach vectored me to the final approach course they gave me a new altimeter of 3015. However, the FS pressure setting (as obtained when pressing 'B') was still 3028. I landed and the pressure was still 3028 at the field. At what point does Activesky update the field pressure to match the rest of the force weather conditions? And, once the pressure setting for the destination is set is it ever changed?Thanks.-michael

Guest mmcevilley

>Damien,>> I landed and the pressure was still 3028>at the field. Correction: Once lined up on the localizer the field pressure was still 3028. On short final I stopped checking. After landing (during rollout) I checked and the field pressure was 3015.This would imply that at some point within approximately 10 miles the pressure at the field changed. -michael

Guest mmcevilley

>Are you using pressure smoothing in FSUIPC?>>Jim>ActiveSky SupportYes, and pressure smoothness is 10.-michael

Guest mmcevilley

Damien/Jim:I'm still trying to nail down this issue of RC reporting an altimeter setting that is consistent with the ActiveSky Metar for the destination yet when I land the altimeter setting of the airport is different.This is occuring with FS2k2. I just landed at KLAX, the metar showed and RC 3002 while the actual altimeter was 2971.2971 was the last altimeter setting prior to transitioning within the force distance.Yes - I have FSUIPC pressure smoothing on.Thanks.-michael

Guest mmcevilley

>If you turn it off does it make a difference?>>Jim>ActiveSky SupportJim, I have verified through FSUIPC logging that AS1.91 is not updating the pressure at the field although it is reporting the field pressure for RC.With FSUIPC loggin on, I flew an approach into PANC. Center gave me a pressure of 3002 during descent to 14000. Once I was within destination lock and received ATIS the reported pressure was 2942. RC APPR also gave me 2942 when I was vectored for final. However, FS continued to have a pressure of 3002. I landed and the pressure was still 3002. I checked the FSUIPC log file (and still have it if you want to see it) and the only value showing for pressure is 1017mb which equates to 3002in.Note that this is with FS2k2 and AS1.91.I see there is a report that with FS2k2 and AS 1.92 the pressure is not updated from 2992.-michael