Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Weather maker!! What a great Program.

Just downloaded Weather maker from http://www.calibresoftware.com/What a great piece of freeware! I ran a flight at 93F With 85degree Dew Point. Ran into a Severe thunderstorm system about 10 minutes after take off, and decided to fly back, and land at my home airport.Final was insane with winds switching directions constantly. Iwas able to hold runway alignment, but as I crossed the End of the runway a suden downforce of air Flattened my plane against the runway. If I would have been expecting a downburst I may have avoided the reuslting accident. can't wait to get up, and practice some true bad weather flights.Thanks For the great software.!Al

Guest abent

I too like WeatherMaker. However, I generally do IFR flights of 1 to 2 hours in jets. From my experience, the weather just seems to get progressively worse until you have almost zero visibility and it remains that way throughout your flight.I thought that I read somewhere that the weather would cycle, so you would get a change in the weather dynamic, but this has not been the case for me.I'm sure it's fantastic for local flights, but if one is covering vast distances, it appears, IMHO, a bit unrealistic in that you don't transition different weather zones so to speak.Maybe I'm not configuing it right.Since they have released the code, maybe some developers will jump on it and make improvements.Just my lowly opinion, Adam