Sign in to follow this  
Guest CFM56 7B26

2 questions

Guest CFM56 7B26

1. in activesky 1, i got to use runway 29 at KEWR... is this still possible?2. can there be clouds at 30,000-39,000 feet (towering cumulus clouds)from like 15,000feet on up to FL330-FL370and well a 3rd ?the windsheer is TOOOO sharp... i practically turn when they hit.. any way of cutting the wind's sharpness down to smoother?thanks

1. As long as the conditions call for that runway.2. If the METAR reports it. That is mostly a summer condition.3. Are you using the Alpha 1 release? If not, please go to the top of the forum and get it! If yes, then you can adjust the TurbulenceScale line in FS9.cfg under Weather.(.2 is recommended)Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest CFM56 7B26

what do i put in that line?

Open your FS9.cfg file. That file is in different locations depending on your OS. Find the "Weather" section. That line will already be there, with a value of 1.0000. Adjust that number downward.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest CFM56 7B26

that would affect the turbulnce too right? or just the wind?is there an update on when fs sky worl 2004 will be out... i want the anvil clouds again.

Turbulence.Not our product, but we work with Chris. I have no other information than soon. I too am looking forward to his work!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest CFM56 7B26

i can wait until the upadte for AS2004 is done beta testing right... so i wont get cloud pops, or the flickering screen when the clouds transition, or severe wind shifts?last night i was flying a citationII, and i almost went inverted at FL310..

I don't really think the flickering screen is due to AS. Might need to look at your video system and settings in FS.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest CFM56 7B26

oh btw: route based wind smoothing is required? what does that do?

It enables wind smoothing.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support