Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

Question of value added !

Guest sbdwag

I can have this for 16.50 EUhttp://www.wagsterstuff.com/screens/sfkdfw.jpgthis is Simflyers Dallas/Ft Worth KDFW (only about half of it visible here)Or I can have this for 15.00 EUhttp://www.wagsterstuff.com/screens/geo2.jpgThis is Lago's Georender2 (Bryce Canyon Airport)My question is "Wheres the value here". I purchased both of these and I feel that somebody is either charging too little for their efforts or someone is charging to much for theirs.Dennis

Guest jase439

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here. One caters to the heavy-iron flyers - the other to the VFR bush pilot. How many glider trainers and summer barbeques are you going to find at a SimFlyer's DFW airport? Conversely, how many dynamic jet docks and deicers are you going to find at Bryce Canyon?They spice up entirely different scenery elements depending on the kind of flying you enjoy.I dunno...the prices seem on par for me.J

Guest oyvindhansen

Just imagine the work that went into the textures of Bryce Canyon. There are custom seasonal ground textures that mixes seamlessly into the generic textures. Compare that to the green carpet at DFW. And there is custom dynamic scenery using Lago's proprietary technology. But I do think Lago products have been somewhat overpriced lately.- Oyvind

Guest jase439

> But I do think Lago products have been somewhat overpriced lately.I guess I don't fully understand this reasoning. I spend $15 for a pair of movie tickets, $20 for a new music CD, and $25 for a new DVD, but $15 for a product add-on that I can use over and over suddenly becomes unreasonable?Both companies charge a nominal fee ($15 seems nominal to me)for professional quality products. LAGO and SimFlyers have a consistent track record in product quality and customer service - I'd rather give $15 to them than some other 'not to be named and less than reputable' shops.I dunno...flight simmers can be terribly cheap somtimes ;-)J

Here is my question(s)...?Do you enjoy both? Are you getting what you paid for? Do you find it a great experience to use the products you paid for?If yes, then what are you complaining about.If no, then in your opinion it is over priced.Payware businesses have found a nitch that they know people will pay for. And pay they shall. FS2002 addons are turning into a multi-"dollar amount here" business. And as long as there are people with money, they will keep shelling out the addons.

Guest oyvindhansen

I don't think it's correct to compare prices with products unrelated to simming. Here is an example of Lago's overpricing: They want