Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johto

Another happy new customer

Guest Johto

Hi ! This is my first post here at avsim.com, even though i'v been visiting here already quite lot.I bought AS 2400.5 just day ago and i'm already very happy with it.Thanks dev team, and keep up the good work!Oh, i got a question: I have been searching topics about the "hard edge horizon" issue, when over, lets say 12.000ft...is there any way to "blur" it out permanently. It kinda ruins the otherways very nice athmosphere. It doesn't seem to go away even if lower my vis to zero at high altitude.

Guest Johto

>Hi,>>Thanks for the positive feedback! Try lowering your sight>distance in FS04.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgHi ! Thanks for the reply. In matter of fact, i have already been fiddling with both AS and FS visual parameters, but no joy ;(I've already browsed all the older topics that are related to this problem, but it still seems, if i understand correctly, that there is no way to have "smooth" horizon if flying high? That this is someting FS does... i already know its not AS fault... but, its a shame to have this edge visible when otherwise getting this cool athmosphere with AS ;)If someone knows any fool proof setup how to fix this, then please enlighten me ;) ps. sorry for my not so good english :I

OK, if that didn't work for you, go into AS and turn On Force Visibility Limits. Then type a number in the Maximum Visibility box. Try 30. Save these changes and re-start AS and FS. That might give you the effect you are looking for.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Johto

Ok, gotta do more tweaking, it seems at least now that this effect seems to pop in and out randomly, going to examine more...

Guest Johto

AHHA, I might found the solution.It seems that when that "maximum visibility" in AS is JUST "30" and no more or less, and "Depict FS9 Haze Layer" is OFF, it will give this hazed look i'm after...i am now flying on FL340 and it works ! Of course it is somewhat more hazier, but at least it keeps that hard horizon off. Btw do you have any clue why these two settings only fix this problem? because it was funny when i adjusted either one, and i could see this hard edge starting to creep right away :(

Guest Johto

Now i'm happy camper, i just did one hour flight, and my cruize level well above 10.000, and i did not see any hard edges on during the flight. Oh man this product produces nice weather, i fly from EFHK to EFKU(my local airport) and it was so awesome to look outside of my house window and see the same temperature and weather conditions :D