Sign in to follow this  
Guest gdafc

Wide Fs

Guest gdafc

Hi all,So how do I connect a pc to the main one to allow Active sky to run on another PC. Of all the instructions that you supply you presume people are experts! For example how do I install AS to a Pc that does not have FS on it? What is all the stuff about "Use a drive letter to avoid any possible incompatibilities with UNC names?" How do I install only part of AS to the server PC to allow AS to run.I am sorry for not being a Techno Anorak but please can you explain how I run your programme.Thanks,Garry

Guest gdafc

Hi,Yes I own both the registered copies of the above sotware! Sorry should have said that!Garry

Hi,1. Install AS on the WideFS machine by moving and running setup.exe from the WideFS machine.2. From your FS machine map a hard drive to the WideFS machine using a drive letter to identify the mapped drive.3. On the FS computer, run the

Guest gdafc

Hi Jim,Thanks for the post, Does this mean AS2004 needs to be on both machines? Secondly not sure what you mean by mapping a hardrive?Thanks,Garry