Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

Does changing the time of day mid-flight affect AS?

Guest allblack

The reason I ask is last night I flew KMSP to KBOS. Left KMSP at 0700, and 100nm out of Boston changed the time setting to Dusk.Yes, I had previously set the flight up in AS, and imported weather.I flew into Boston and there was virtually no weather. No clouds, no wind, just clear skies.Out of curiosity I jumped on the 'net to see what the weather was in Boston at that time, assuming AS would have downloaded this when I set my flight up a bit ealier. The weather was (apparently) amoungst other things, 'cloudy'.I'm not expecting miracles, but I thought in that case, I would see at least one cloud flying in, but alas there were none.I'm wondering if it may have soemthing to do with changing the time in FS?I'm still cruising the world trying to find some interesting weather to see what AS can do. Ya know storms and snow etc, but so far I haven't seen anything that allows me to join the ravers of this product.But with a couple of weeks holidays over christmas, I'm sure I'll find some somewhere!!CheersTim

Guest allblack

......and that's where I get a bit lost.Taf's / Metars.....this stuff I'm still learning.But appreciate your comments and will add them to the list of things I need to get my head around.CheersTim