Sign in to follow this  

Installing Aircraft to FS2002

Hi folks, sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been asked a million times before, but I am new to this game (installing aircraft that is). *grins*Basically I read a review for the new A320-200 in PCPilot and decided it looked great so downloaded it.The problem I have is once I download it, I can't seem to install it properly.Some how I have managed to get the actual aircraft in place, but the cockpit guages are a standard 2 engine jet layout. I didn't fancy messing about with the FS Guages folder too much.Also I downloaded the Airbus A300-600ST

Guest JamesJ

I was hoping someone smarter than me would jump in here, but since no one has I'll try..the A320 probably uses the default B737 panel with a drop-down window for the third engine. Maybe there's a panel available you can change to? The A300 probably has no panel at all installed, thus uses the panel from the last aircraft. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the FS2002 files and open the A300 panel file. Open the panel cfg. file if there is one with notepad and see what it says. It should say Fltsim alias (some aircraft)panel. If you don't have that aircraft you'll have no panel..maybe this will attract the attention of someone who knows more to correct me..JamesJ

James was correct and you can use an ALIAS to let your aircraft use an existing panel!However, what I would do now you have the aircraft is do a search for eg 'A320 Panel' and download it (I have a downloads folder that I created, so that I dont have to figure out all the time where the downloads go to :) )After you unzip it, there will be the 'PANEL' and (usually) a 'GAUGES' folder.... Simply copy the gauges to your main GAUGES folder (sometimes there wont be one - if it uses 'default' gauges!)I use cut and paste to make this task easier! Then, go to your A320 aircraft folder and rename the PANEL folder you find there to eg PANELorig. Then copy the downloaded PANEL folder and all it's contents in it's place and 'BINGO' you are done - enjoy new plane with new panel :)

I have placed the A320 folder with panels etc into the aircraft folder as you do normally, (I have managed to put a couple of planes in), effects into effects folder, and gauges into gauges folder.But the gauges one for A320 has an extra folder in it called "Airbus".In that folder there are 2 more folders called 640 and 1024 (I assume for graphic settings) and 11 files all ending with .xml.No idea what these are for or where they are supposed to go.The readme that comes with the plane says:"Installation-Use the installer to install the aircraft, if it fails to do so, manual installation can be achieved with the following:-Find your Flight Simulator directory.(E.g. C:/PROGRAM FILES/Microsoft Games/FS20002)-Copy all the files from the zip file to your Flight Sim folder, replying

Put the sub-folder (or CAB file?) and anything else for that matter you find in the panel's GAUGES folder into the main FS2002 GAUGES folder and you are all set!The installer (if provided) will simply do all this for you...when you first unzip the aircraft, there will be a file called either setup or A320.exe this will be the installer - clicking on it will perform an automatic instal..... however, I have found that some installers are not quite sure where your FS2002 directory is, so make sure it sees the correct path (C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002) before you hit start!otherwise a manual instal is preferred.... trying both cannot do any harm one method will attempt to over-write the other if the first attempt was incomplete!