Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Just another awesome flight w/AS2004/b163

Guest flight

Hey Damian, and everyone else on the team,Just had another gratifying flight. It was the flight from LeVersold (LFLG) to Caselle (LIMF) via Courchevel (LFLJ) and LIMW, as depicted in the new XTreme Bush Adventures that have been uploaded to Avsim. I sure hope these extreme adventures continue. But the reason I have posted here is just to let you know how amazing it is to fly into an airport that is depicting 4 mile visibility and see it shrouded in haze, and as you descend the visibility gradually envelops your aircraft till you are at that 4 mile forcast. It truly is amazing. Thanx for this excellent program. Whenever I have a flight like this I immediately think of the AS2004 team and this time just had to come on here and thank you.

Guest Fjorko

I really don't know how you get smooth visibility change from greater than 10sm to 4sm since there should be a FS9 bug that will cause instant visibility changes when going below 10sm visibility and then once below 10sm visibility, it should all be smooth down to 0sm....(using AS2004 visibility smooting of course)Having siad all that, did you have less than 10sm visibility from the start of your flight?.ThanksPS. What is your minimum visibility set to in AS2004 ?

Guest flight

Actually, from where I started it was pretty well clear skies. The flight was about 2 hours long. When I was within 20 miles of my destination I contacted ATC and was informed of a 4 mile visibility. At 4-5,000 feet I must admit I could see the airport better than when I was at pattern altitude. Don't know if that's realistic or not. It would be nice if we could see thick fog on the ground rather than clear fog that you can see through. But as I descended the visibility gradually went from, I would say 10 miles to 4 miles. This was gradual too, not instantaneously. It had a choking effect on me. I thought of how a VFR pilot would begin to sweat as he/she descended into a soup like that. It blew me away to tell you the truth. In fact, as I reached pattern altitude I had to ask ATC for directions to the airport. I headed in the direction they instructed, and finally saw the lights of the runway.Your reply to my comment seems to have a tone of doubt to what I witnessed. I wouldn't say AS2004.5 did something it didn't do. I too have had certain things happen that at times are not very realistic, but overall, it depicts the weather, and weather changes, very dramatically. What I described happened just as I said it did. I really could care less if you believe me or not.Here's to hoping eventually you have as gratifying a flight as I did. Cheers mate!

Guest Fjorko

HahahahahNo mate, i didn't have a go at you - sorry if i gave you that impression...Just thought that your AS2004.5 might actually work better than mine, but I definitely did not doubt what you said !