Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Strong gusty winds not activated ???

Guest jcomm

Today, knowing the weather was really nasty around Edinburgh - England, I decided to load fs9, start AS2004.5 and fly my belovered DF727-200 (DHL livery).Ok, fs9 loaded, a few seconds later I heard the AS activation thunder sound and the baro and clouds adapted correctly to the active METAR. I used ALT-Tab to visit the AS window and check the METAR myself, and it was indicating winds at 28 gusting 36 from 255.Back to fs9 the wind did blow from around 255, but at a mere 5knots. Since I had taxi wind activated in FSUIPC (registered v3.44) I deactivated it, and went to AS's window again, selected the Options screen and made sure 12knots surface winds were enabled.Well, back to fs9 it was 5knots, and remained there all the way up to the approac/landing phases of the circuit I performed around the airfield in the 727!I have the refresh time set to 10 minutes in AS. Might this be the reason? Why didn't ever get winds stronger than those 5 knots when indeed the active METAR on the AS window was showing 25gustin36???

Guest jcomm

> Reset FSUIPC back to weather minimumsHow? By clicking on the "Minimum weather defaults" button?> Turn Off Limit Surface Wind Speed in ASHow? By setting it to 0 (zero) ?

Hi,1. Yes.2. No, on the options screen on the right hand side there is an entey called "Limit Surface Wind Speed". Make sure there is NO check in that box. I don't want you to plug in any values. Setting it to zero will always give you no winds on the ground!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg