Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafvr

Peculiar Startup - Can you help?

Guest rafvr

I am using AS2004.5 and when I click on the Icon to start the programme I get a small Installation Window advising installation of "BVE". It them shows a "can`t locate BVE setup" and asks me to Browse for it. When I cancel I get an Error 170 message that the installation cannot be carried out. After THREE of these odd install windows I then get the correct Active Sky window opening and the programme loads up as it should. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did they cure it OR can someone advise me how to look for the culprit??The only programme that I have installed called BVE was a Train Sim which I uninstalled (correctly) after looking at it.Many thanksGeorge Aldridge

Guest rafvr

Thanks Jim - I think thats gotta be my next step. Luckily when AS eventually loads it run just greatRegardsGeorge

Guest rafvr

Hi JimJust to keep you up to date - I have run a Registry Clean, a Physical Search of the Registry, a Search of all my Hard Drives, a general clean up but no signs of any BVE. So I then uninstalled AS2004, rebooted and reinstalled but still had the same problem. So I added the latest Beta version - same problem.As I said previuously, after a couple of tries to instal "BVE" I then get AS2004 loading up and running fine so unless another user reads this and comes up with an alternative solution I guess I`ll have to put up with the niggle.GeorgeBTW had thought of reinstallin BVE and then uninstalling it but I`m not sure if that might compound the prolemG

Hi,Can't believe the startup of AS triggers all this. Just try this: go to the AS2004 folder and directly click on the AS2004.exe file. It's icon will look exactly like the shortcut icon.I know what the ultimate solution is, and so do you!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg