Sign in to follow this  
Guest varignet

activesky faq for first time users

Guest varignet

Dear All,I'm going to buy activesky4.5 soon but I'm still worried about the amount of options and ways to use them:From the posts here there are so many options and things to look after and it worries me.Ideally I'd like to find an updated faq (with the latest options regarding the latest fsuipc and as versions), and recommended options according to the various cases:-recommended as and fsuipc options for online with registered fsuipc-recommended as and fsuipc options for offline with registered fsuipc-recommended as and fsuipc options for online with non-registered fsuipc-recommended as and fsuipc options for offline with non-registered fsuipc-Plus performance tips-Also workarounds for common problems would be good.For instance I'm an offline no-vatsim user with registered fsuipc. I would like to buy activesky to have a proper coerent weather including NO-popping clouds and abrupt changes of visibility.What options should I turn on or off in fsuipc and activesky?Also as I haven't got a top-end pc, what options should I consider in order to reduce the number of layers without getting cloud popups and abrupt visibility changes?p.s. is IVAO supported?is activesky 5.0 coming out soon? thanks a lot for your supportLuca

Hi Luca,Thanks for your interest in our product!Much of what you are asking about is contained in the vast number of documents that will be installed when you install AS200.5. In addition, the Users Manual can be downloaded from our website, if you would like to read up before hand. Really though the settings part is quite easy. We will be happy to help you after you give things a try!As far as your PS:1. No.2. It is in development stage with the features list not even set. It has not even entered beta testing. Also, I know that the team has some real-life stuff coming up, so there is no way to give a timetable. It is safe to say that you will get your money's worth out of AS2004.5Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg