Sign in to follow this  
Guest TrafficTraffic

lost all winds

Guest TrafficTraffic

On my first AS 2004.5 flight (purchased last weekend), I flew KDEN-KBOS, and as I descended into KBOS, winds aloft went to zero inside FS. However, on the AS panel, it was showing winds of 50-70kts for my altitudes. Upon arriving at KBOS, with the METAR showing 11kts, I had calm conditions inside FS.What could cause this?I started with FSUIPC weather settings at their minimum, but I was being hammered by frequent large baro changes enroute at FL370. Some resulted in instantaneous 100' altitude fluctuations. I tried to reenable baro smoothing (5sec/mb) inside FSUIPC. I might also have reenabled winds aloft smoothing. Could that have caused this problem?The FSUIPC baro smoothing seemed to have zero effect as far as I could tell.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest TrafficTraffic

It is not checked. Note that I also didn't have the surface winds at KBOS.I'll see what happens next time I fly with AS.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)