Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simicro

What does "Iron Knuckles" mean ?

Hello,This message is about the FlightOne Software "Iron Knuckles" plane. As english is not my native tongue I have some difficulty to make a good translation into french. Of course I looked in the dictionary but I'm not satisfied. I feel that "iron knuckles" is in the same lexical registry as "steel nerves". If someone could re-phrase/re-explain with his own words that expression it would be nice.Tony.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hiya Tony,You speak English real well! I studied French once-Hated it! I could never get the hang of it :-lolAnyway, your right, iron nuckles means the same thing as steel nerves, brass b*lls etc... It just refers to the fact that the DC9 doesn't have any modern computers to assist you and that you are going to have to do the flying yourself. The knuckles part because thats part of your hand and you your hands to move the control column/fly the plane. (you know when you grip somthing really hard your knuckles stick out and tense up?) Hope this makes it clearer to you!ric

Ric; Thanks a lot for your explanation!I am sure you solved a "mystery" for many of us here who don't speak English since birth(native tongue). ;)Tony;Thanks for asking!Shmuel

hellothanks a lot for your explanation :-)shmuel : no problemsee youtony