Anyone else having a problem with strong wake turbulence?I just followed a B1900 into KIAH in the Aeroworx B200. I was far enough behind that the B1900 was off the runway as I approached, so no go-around. I would assume that any wake turbulence would have settled by the time I got to that position.At about 300 feet AGL, I nose dived into the ground. No amount of opposite control helped. Wake turbulence was turned on, but "Increased wake effects" was not. I have not run into this problem previously.May just be an isolated incident. I have turned wake turbulence off for the time being.Wilson

Guest 320MAD

Hi there,Yesterday evening I followed a Kingair into LIRN (Italy) during an on-line flight. I got a mild buffeting near threshold but nothing more. Sounds strange as I have increased wake turbulance on and have never had this issue.

Guest Ruahrc

I get the same thing. Just the other day I followed a B1900D into Unalaska PADU. The thing is though, I arrived about 10 minutes after the 1900D landed! It had already taxied to its parking spot and was shut down when I was on final, yet I got that huge nose-dive too. Luckily the Maule has lots of lift and I was able to handle it- but it made me turn off wake effects (again).I had this issue with previous builds.. incredibly strong wake turbulence that lasts longer than it should. It was affecting MD-90's, 737's, etc in the same manner as light GA aircraft. I turned it off and just recently turned it back on to try it out again- only to get the same behavior. Hopefully ASV will be a little more realistic?Ruahrc

Guest 320MAD

Ok did a little testing,Yesterday I was at LMML and took off from RW24 a 737 passed about 5000 feet above at a range of about 2 miles. My trusty piper was blown all over the place and I ended up stressing the airframe. I was in the WT even after about 7 mins that the 737 had passed. Any comments Jim / Damian?

Hi All,Is it possible that you can watch the AS window at the same time? There is a WT message that shows up at the very bottom of AS, announcing the WT event and when the WT event is completed. See how long that takes. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Jim,I am running dual monitors, so I will see if I can duplicate the problem again while monitoring the the AS window.Is the WT event announced as I enter the turbulence, or is it just a general annoucement that WT has been generated by AS? I am assumming the latter.Wilson

Guest 320MAD

Hi Jim,Ran into another one tonight an A320 wake event lasted 4 mins. I should have flown straight through the wake but it was almost as if I was traveling along it if you know what I mean (I hit the wake at about 75 degrees).Hope this helps you out.

Guest 320MAD

Hi Jim,No enhanced WT is turned off. If it seems ok then don't worry about it, just that this is some of the most violent situations I have been subjected to in over 5000 hrs of virtual flight time.Thanks for the great support.