Sign in to follow this  
Guest vas_yan

Haze and fog

Simple question, can someone explain the interplay between Fog Layer Generation, Visibility Smoothing and Depict FS9 Haze Layer? What are the best combinations and what are the tradeoffs? I searched the forums but I couldn't find a definite answer.Regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Visibility Smoothing is always in effect and it attempts to smooth out the visibility changes in FS04. Yes, we know of some situations where it doesn't work perfectly, due to limitations in FS04.FS9 Haze Layer creates a constant layer of thin clouds that follow you wherever you fly. Some users like it, while some do not.Fog Layer Generation can draw a layer of thin clouds to reduce visibility even when no clouds are reported in the METAR. Remember that FS04 uses clouds to control the visibility, so that is what that option is for, to reduce visibility by adding fog. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Thanks for the reply. If visibility smoothing is always on why is it also an option? Also, lately I ve been getting extreme shifts of wind, much higher than the 5 knots per second indicated in my FSUIPC. They also happen below my supression ceiling of 4000. I have FSUIPC wind smoothing on in my options. My build is 193.Regards

It is not checked. Any other possibilities?Regards,