Sign in to follow this  
Guest Digonyx

ActiveRadar: Direction of the situation monitor

Hi!Do I understand the radar situation display correct:The middle of the top of the display, i.e. the upper part of the white cross-hair, is the direction I am flying to, right? -- E.g. if my HDG is 010, the left part of the cross-hair is 280?So, if I load a flight plan into ActiveRadar (which works fine), shouldn't the flight plan path be exactly parallel to the path showed by the default GPS display (standard view)? -- I guess, it should...My problem is: These both paths always diverge, about 10 to 30 degrees.In other words: If I am flying straight to an airport (using VOR, GPS or whatever), this airport is always clearly some millimeters beside the upper part of the cross-hair, never exactly "intersected" by the white line.Maybe I do not understand it, maybe the radar doesn't like me, maybe I am too stupid, maybe ...What do you think?Thanks in advance for your help!Regards,Peer Mans

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,All your ideas are correct! I checked AR out and found the same. I think the flight plan paths are different because the FS GPS shows magnetic direction while AR shows true direction. You could follow either one and still get to your destination. If you were to turn off auto pilot and follow the AR drawn path then the path line and the cross-hair lines would overlap perfectly.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg