Sign in to follow this  
Guest Van

737 Flight -- FS2k2

Hey gang,I had a serious problem today in my flight. I was flying the YeoDesigns 737-200 v2 on HP425, SMF-PHX. So everything's going fine, and I begin my descent into Phoenix. All of a sudden, I go through FL200, and I lose control of the plane (it was on AP at the time). It looked as if I went through some major windshear, but I couldn't detect a major wind shift. Anyways, my plane was turned 360 degrees over and over again while being lifted up to over 100,000 feet at somewhere over M1.0, while the engines were running at N1 = 135%. Tumble, tumble, tumble...Oh yes...I was using ActiveSky at the time, and I couldn't exactly decipher the winds aloft readings, so I don't know if my problems were caused by a bad wind reading, something in the plane, or something in FS.(Disclaimer: I'm not knocking on any of the above products! I love them, and use them all the time...I just want to make sure that if I did something to cause this, I don't do it again!)So...any ideas on what happened? This may just be some weird bug that never comes up again. I have some screenshots I took (.jpgs).The first is an external view, and you can see the contrails of my wild ride. The second is the ActiveSky shot, which maybe would give a clue as to the winds aloft.All help is appreciated. BTW, I posted here because the topic crosses more than one boundary (plane, weather, FS).Thanks!

Guest Lobaeux4

I used to fly the Yeo 737-200 as well, but I kept getting extreme porpoising with the AP. Finally had to get rid of it, and just go with the DF/Ariane America West combo, and haven't looked back. I only wish I had purchased these earlier.LobaeuxOh, sorry, not sure why you lost control. Failures enacted, eh? If not, I'm not sure why

Guest Van

The original YeoDesigns FDE had many problems. I created an all new FDE and the plane now handles very well. We are in the process of making the new FDE available for download. I would be happy to email it to anyone interested in the meantime.Van LatendresseYeoDesigns vanl64@hotmail.com