Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Just some things I can't find clear answers to

And I have searched the various threads in the various forums, but I am still unsure about a couple of things.First off, hats off to you all for doing a tremendous job at answering the many questions, even when questions are asked that are clearly answered in the manual (like I was doing). You all are showing a very professional attitude.I have only taken a couple of short flights, and both times have been very impressed. I have noticed what seems to be an excellent depiction of the weather, way better than AS2004.5. I realize some of this may be a placebo effect, but if so, very little of it. Last flight I saw some clouds forming in the distance as I flew, and whether it was the clouds coming through the haze/fog, or the clouds actually building up and slowly forming, the effect was truly amazing. It wasn't "drawing" the clouds as some have complained about in the forum, nor were they popping into view from a station update. I don't want to credit ASV w/ something it can't really do, but to me it looked like a storm was building up. I hadn't seen anything like it before, so maybe it was a concoction of everything together. Whatever, it was truly amazing. I'm sure there are things ASV may do that even you will be surprised of.Chris Willis,I tried to find the former post but couldn't. You had replied to a user in regards to the FS9 Haze layer depict selection. I believe you stated that the effects created by the Haze slider in the Environment options are only for the visibility and near the mountains if the Asv Option: Depict Fs9 Haze Layer is disabled.I have always used the "depict FS9 haze layer". By leaving this option on, does it nullify completely the choice made w/ the Haze slider?Damian or Jim,The other question is in regards to flight plans. Throughout all the various threads in the forums it seems more and more obvious that ASV is set up to work optimally w/ a flight plan. Is this true, or does it work just as well w/ out one?Thanks for ASV. I think that I am noticing, as more people actually use and fly with it, the complaints are less and less, and the praise more and more. Completely understandable and nice to see. It truly is incredible.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi flight,Thanks for the feedback!I think ASV works well without a FP. It will not matter for the wind shifts, that was fixed awhile back in AS2004.5. ICS will still function but optimal with a FP. Of course VATSIM needs a plan, ASV has no idea what your destination will be without a FP.I test and usually fly without a plan. Maybe the other team members or users will have other thoughts!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg