Sign in to follow this  

""As Real As It Gets" is sometimes TOO REAL!"

I'm currently enroute KEWR-KSEA and am settled en for the 5 hour flight. Flying about 50 miles to the West of Toronto I heard this listening to Toronto Center.Toronto Center: WestJet 571 turn left heading 050 decend and maintain two thousand eight hundred expect vectors to Hamilton RWY XX.WestJest 571: Roger 050, decend and maintain two thousand eight hundred expect vectors to Hamilton RWY XXToronto Center: Air Canada XXX, decend and maintain two thousand eight hundred, turn left heading 090.Air Canada XXX: roger decend and maintain two thousand eigh hundred, turn left heading 090.(silence for about 2 minutes)Toronto Center: WestJet 571 TRAFFIC ALERT! Less than one mile, two thousand seven hundred, A320 report them in sight! (silence for about 1 minute)Toronto Center: WestJet 571 please acknowledge last transmission....(silence)Now THAT is too real and sent a shiver down my spine.Mike T.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That is real :). Tonight I was flying the new flight one dc9 from Kord to Kdtw. I just happened to be going by the call sign Northwest 1134. When I contacted dtw approach I soon learned there was another northwest dc9, northwest 1814, behind me. I landed about 5 minutes ahead of him. talk about confusing :). Had to really pay attention to what atc was saying, and of course there were other northwest flights in the area :) .Matt