Sign in to follow this  
Guest batur1977

What about Suppression ???

Guest batur1977

Hi there,One question if possible to get an answer,What do exactly "use update suppression" and "use local range suppression" mean ?Do i have to leave these boxes checked in order to receive the up to date real time data to be realistic ?Can someone tell me about their functions and their effect to the realism ? and if they are necessary ?Thanks

Hi,Briefly:Use Update Supresssion prevents weather shifts while landing.Use Local Range Supression prevents weather shifts around your plane.Both are use to prevent weather shifts which cannot be helped in FS04.I would say they are necessary.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest flygbuss

Hi,I can add a few things I've learned about these, correct me if I'm wrong:Suppression Range - This option is to prevent the current station from changing weather when you'r "inside" it. If it's not activated you'll get sudden clouds popping in and out around your aircraft. The side effect is that if you for instance take off and make touch n go at the same airport you'll never get an update. Only way an update occurs at that airport is if you get out of the suppression range of the station, wait for an update and and then come back.Update Suppression (Ceiling) - When below the ceiling all weather updates stop. The reason to have it is to completely disable the update process as it usually cause a stutter which might interfere with a crucial takeoff/landing moment. So if the stutter isn't any problem it could be disabled, still sudden cloud changes are prevented by the Suppression Range. I wrongly believed this option was to prevent popping clouds, it's not, only to prevent stutters at the update process.Both these options are automatically disabled when on ground. This means that when on the ground you'll see sudden weather changes. This could be changed too though (disable ALL updates on ground).As usual what is most realistic is hard to tell. They hide problems in FS2004 weather update. Leaving them on will get you a smoother and better looking weather at the cost of delayed updates to the weather.