Sign in to follow this  

POSKY's or MELJET ?

Hi there,I've been flying POSKY 747's for quite a while now, and must say I very much enjoy it. However recently a friend got me to try the latest MelJet 747's and well IMHO in the looks and eyecandy dept their planes are really the most outstanding I've ever come across :-). (Well which other freeware plane have you seen that actually has a detailed APU ?) However when flying Meljet jumbos they seem to handle way different from the POSKY ones. For example when taking off on a fully fueled POSKY 747 I usually rotate at 155 knots, but I usually reach this speed somewhere near the fag end of the runway ;). However on a fully loaded MelJet, I was doing 170 knots at 2/3rds down the same runway :-). Likewise on a no flaps descent, with throttle pulled way back. The MelJet seems more inclined to pick up speed than the POSKY plane at the same pitch and attitude.My question to all fellow simmers who've tried both these planes is this :-What do you guys feel ? Which of the two planes flies more like a real Jumbo ? I'm no pilot and so am in no position to say which is which :-). So was hoping I'd get some views from the folks here. Both planes handle way differently, so if one were a POSKY flier that means one has to really change their flying style in order to properly fly the MelJet and vice versa :-). In my case while I do like eye candy, I'd rather fly something that flies just as the real 747 does :-).Please note I am in no way saying that either of these planes is inferior or anything. They both are totally fine examples of freeware craftsmanship and of astounding quality any day :-). Cheers !!keralapilot