Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

voodo 3 & fs 2002

dear fellow simmers i have a voodo 3 and am having problems installing fs2002 has anyone else got a voodo 3 and having problems with it

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I used FS2002 with a Voodoo 3 until Feb.... There are several issues with the Voodoo:-First, if you want it to work, you must locate and find the latest driver set.-It cannot display textures at their highest quality. Both aircraft and ground textures will be slightly blurred, compared to the screenshots you usually see on these forums.-It does not handle visibility properly--that is, at higher visibility, the mountains appear rather stark against the horizon...they do not blend into the haze as you would expect.-Clouds will take on a patterned appearance, due to the Voodoo's being limited to 16-bit color.You haven't stated the rest of your system specs, or your specific problem, so this is the best I can offer for the moment.-John

I used a Voodoo3 3000 until ten days ago. The only problem that I had was from outdated drivers when I first installed FS2002 (it had worked fine with FS2000). I found the last drivers released by 3Dfx at their website (1.07, I think), downloaded and installed them, and had no further problems. I did experience all of the limitations listed by John Ci, but overall my Voodoo3 did better than I expected. R-