Sign in to follow this  
Guest Red Baron

Active Sky v6 Problem??

Guest Red Baron

I recently purchased and installed Active Sky v6.I am experiencing Crash To Desktop (CTD) problems while running FS2004, and I had contacted Microsoft Support. They suggested 4 steps:1. Uninstall the game.2. Remove the game's folder.3. Create a new user account in Windows XP Home.4. Reinstall the game using new user account.While in step 2 (Remove the game's folder), I get stuck with an 'Error Deleting File Folder': "Cannot delete Voice1: The directory is not empty."Voice1 is an Active Sky folder that sits in: ModulesASv6VoiceThis Voice1 folder has 0 bytes and was created at the time I installed Active Sky.There is no way to delete this folder, I keep on getting the same error message, and consequently I cannot remove my old installation of FS2004.Having read some posts on this forum, is it possible that my initial CTD problem for which I contacted Microsoft, is in fact an Active Sky problem? If so, how can I remedy this?Should I continue the removal of FS2004 as MS suggested?If there's anyone on this forum who can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks so much in advance.RedBar

Hi,Sorry you are having a problem.1. Re-install FS04.2. Re-install ASv6.3. Then see what happens. Please report any error messages or any details about when FS04 crashes. Sometimes we can use those things to trouble shoot.4. I know MS tries to do their best, but those are some pretty drastic measures.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest Red Baron

Hi Jim,Thanks for your quick response and feedback.Do you have any idea how I can remove this "Voice1" folder (which sits in ModulesASv6Voice), and which is currently blocking my being able to delete my FS04 folder?Thank you.RedBar

Hi,See if the folder properties are marked in a strange manner. Or just reinstall without removing this folder.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter