Sign in to follow this  
Guest baman

Active Radar - Problem Solved

Guest baman

I raised a problem in the forum which was related to Active Radar (AR) not being updated with the correct weather and apparently not reporting the right location. The problem is now solved following the expert and patient help of Damian.I am posting this in the hope it might help someone else.You will have to read the procedures in the manual to understand some of what I will mention, if you are not familiar with the procedures for using ASv6 via Wide FS.The manual does explain all you need to do, but I misinterpreted the guidance.I run ASv6 via Wide FS. ASv6 installed flawlessly and worked perfectly. AR would not install automatically using the provided .exe file. I manually transfered all the required files for AR onto the FS computer. On trying AR there were no precipitation returns (I used ASv6 to find areas with CB & rain) also the location was not correct.The problem was the way that I had altered the registry path. Clearly if you choose to alter the registry path that is your coice. I would not recommend you doing this unless you are SURE you know what you are doing.Anyway, the reigstry path should be altered as follows:You need to find the registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareHiFiASv6You then need to add the install path of ASv6 on the PC it is installed on, not the FS2004 machine.My non FS machine is a compaq and that is it's 'name'.Thus the full reg key value path for my installation is:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareHiFiASv6CompaqcbasefoldermodulesASv6This assumes you intalled ASv6 in the defailt location C: on the Wide FS machine.Make sure appropriate read/write permissions are granted in the share configuration (allow network users to change my files).Once I altered the reistry path the precipitiation returns were there as well as the correct location reported.I also made the mistake of thinking that the triangle on the AR screen represents the aircraft, it does not. It is there to report wind direction and speed. Once I knew this all confusion evaporated. Perhaps I am the only person to make this mistake!AR works flawlessly now and is great addition to the cockpit.Finally, a huge thanks to Damian for his help resolving this.Dave