Hi Jim. I'd just like to ask a question about multiplayer compatibility when ASX is released. Basically will it work? Players get their weather settings from the host whenever they join an FSX multi session but this almost never works if the host is running AS6, players can't finish connecting, I guess because of all the extra weather stations? Will this be a possibility in ASX, or will there be a way to disable the sending of weather from host to clients so that players may run their own active sky during the session to generate their own matching weather? This worked wonderfully in FS9 multiplayer.I much prefer activesky to FSX's own internal "real ;)" weather, but I never fly solo, so I'm quite curious to know if you've addressed/tested this. I didn't see anything about this mentioned on the info you've given on ASX, sorry if I missed it.Cheers!Mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Hi Mike,Thanks for the questions!The only thing I can say about this is that everyone would need to be using ASX. This really boils down to the way FSX handles multiplayer and we cant change this. One suggestion is to start AS after everyone connects to the session. That will not give everyone else AS weather, but it may give you AS weather. The rest of the team may know more about this.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hey Jim, thanks for the info. Indeed I wish there had been an option to disable the sending of weather during multiplayer connections. Your idea should work, but once the weather is set by the host using AS, then it's game over for anyone else who tries to join after that I guess. Call it a very complex password haha. I suppose the only other option is to run the host on a separate machine and set it to clear skies etc. Then all the clients can run whatever weather they want.Anyway thanks for looking into that. Multiplayer is the future of the franchise I believe but since this is the first serious multiplayer environment FS has provided, compatibility with it seems to be overlooked by a lot of addon developers. The singleplayer legacy is strong I guess.One other question, do you think it would be possible to create a mode for ASX that would restrict it to use only the weather stations understood by FSX default, and to keep the cloud layers etc within FSX's normal limits? At least that way you'd get the activesky accuracy and fidelity, if not quite the full station resolution. I think that option would still be far better than FSX's real world weather, which is more often than not completely out to lunch. :)CheersMike

Hi Mike,Only Damian and Carl will know for sure. Seeing you are "really into" this, please write up an e-mail containing all your multiplayer wishes and send them to tell-us@hifisim.com. We catalog and work with ideas that come through that address.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Ok, thanks Jim, I'll do just that. :)Cheers.Mike