Sign in to follow this  

Commercial panels into free planes

Hi all!I would like to know how can i do in order to make work comercial panels with freeware planes. I know there are some files in order to do that with dremfleeet one, but it's no my case. I'm trying to do that with Iron Knuckles panel because i don't like flight model.

Guest Niels_C

Hola! (Or something)In many cases it will be enough for you to let the .cfg files point tothe commercial aircrafts folders. I.E.:You have the PSS A320 and want to use the panel and sounds with Project Airbus a/c.In the PA aircrafts folders (panel and sound), you simply let the .cfg files "point" to the commercial a/c panel and sound folders.I hope this is clear enough.-Niels Christiansen

Thanks Niels but i wanna put a panel into a free plane (Iron nuckles panel to a free DC9 plane).I have tried putting an alias into the desired plane panel.cfg but radios doesn't work.Thanks in advanced

I do this all the time...., however, you said you wanted to use a different airfile? That would change what I'm about to tell you here, but I'll share it with you any ways...For example, I wanted to use the PSS airbus on a different Gmax (freeware) model. Why? Because, I wanted to used 2d side views (no VC), and I wanted to have a taxi light at night as well as a landing light... Anyhow, I was happy with the airfile and flight dynamics so I kept the airfile, and aircraft config.What I did: I copied the panel, sound, airfile, and aircraft.cfg file to the new model/aircraft. Then, you must edit the aircraft.cfg contact point section to make the new model compatible. Then you have to edit the light section to make it compatible. I generally leave the flap section alone, although this might also need tweaking....Playing with the contact, and light section takes time, and the best way to understand it, is to download Microsoft's SDK, and read about all the sections....Hope this helps... Cheers