Sign in to follow this  
Guest airmail

CAVOK Visibility in ASX

Guest airmail

Hi,It seems when the station reports CAVOK and don't have the usual 9999 visibility (maybe it never have in CAVOK?), then the station defaults to 10sm ~16000m which I think is too low. When reporting 9999 without CAVOK it creates a realisticly higher value (9999 meaning anything above 10km). Or is there any other factor that sets it so low in CAVOK?Also, is there a suppression range for stations changing weather as in ASV? In ASV when landing it changed directly to the "real" weather, now I haven't seen that.Overall it's a much smoother weather now. Only thing is I need to minimize the ASX interface, otherwise I see a big drop in frames. /Mats

Hi Mats,We are still working on the CAVOK code. There is another thread here somewhere addressing this.Suppression is controlled through the Dynamic Rate of Change slider. It over-rides the FSX slider so don't look at the FSX one. Lowering this should slow down changes.As far as your FPS hit, have you tried both with Force High Priority Processes, On and Off? Pleaselet us know about this.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest airmail

Ok, great to see you're working on that.Aha, I didn't realize that FSX is making the transitions now. It is alot smoother now and I don't see the wx switches in the distance as before (ie cloud popping). On the other hand I have had instances where the metar is not exactly matching what I see in the sim. I'll play with that slider to see what happens.Force High Priority Processes have not helped much unfortunately. With it on, the minimize trick don't work anymore. Then I get a drop even when mimized, slightly less though. Could it be that .NET need an upgrade? Is it possible to see what version is installed?Anyway thanks for the prompt reply,/Mats

Guest airmail

Ok, latest seems to be NET Framework 2.0, I don't know it there is any needed patches to that? However strange that 1.1 still is there too, maybe it should be like that.My system:XP Pro SP2P4 2.8 Ghz2 Gb memGF 7600GT 256 mb AGPDirectX 9.0c, w april updateI have limit at 25 fps and that is fairly steady in the Cessna at airports not so busy now with SP1. With ASX/XG I see virtually no drop at all with interface minimized, feels almost smoother than before. However, with interface active fps fluctuates heavy and alot of stuttering, maybe average at 15. XG interface makes this too but not so much./Mats

Guest airmail

Hi again,Yes, my video drivers are the latest non-beta from NVidia, 93.71. Only one screen./Mats

Guest airmail

Breaktrough! I did a repair of NET 2.0 and now it's alot smoother. Still I have fps dropdowns when active but it's far less aggressive as before. Also I find map scrolling and zooming to be quicker.The version I found at MS was from 2006. I'll look around to see what later I could find.Many thanks for helping out Jim!/Mats