Sign in to follow this  
Guest mplyons

Historic weather downloads

Guest mplyons

I use historic wx (playback) for most of my flying - I'll pick a few days ago and use the actual weather for the period I'm flying my route - as opposed to using current real weather which may have much different convective weather than when I was scheduled to fly. With the older Active Sky systems we could download a block of historic weather - 20 January 07 at 0800z and the next 10 hours. With ASX I don't see a way to download more than 1 hour at a time - quite labor intensive for a 10-15 hour trans-oceanic flight. Did I miss something in the documentation? Also - how does one set up for a historic weather flight...after reading the documentation I think I need to download the weather for that day and then SET the date in ASX to that date/time. That will synch it up - sound right? Final question - is nothing prior to 2007 available for historic weather download? I saw the challenge to find a tropical system and thought it would be quite interesting to download the weather for August 29, 2005 (Hurricane Katrina)...but no data appeared to download.

Hi,With our new system there is no need to download the block of weather you wish to use.From the main screen, lower left, uncheck the Force to Real Time box. Now the Set to Historical area is active. Choose the date and starting time and click on the Apply button. ASX will then pull that weather and any hourly weather after that for as long as your flight session lasts. In FSX you can set things to any date and time.Right, no weather before Jan 1, 2007. This is a new system and that is when it went active to start archiving weather. You will just need to watch, for the contest!!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest gabe007

You really should write a decent manual - it lets your product down big-time.